Medical Document Requirements
We understand that in this time of change getting the right information about the necessities related to a proper medical document/doctors prescription, can be challenging.
We found that even a lot of doctors don’t know exactly how to deal with this, or what kind of minimum requirements already exists to make a doctors prescription compliant with the existing rules.
What you need to know!
We want to help you to make this process as easy and smooth as possible.
If you want to obtain a medical document with the help of your own doctor or if you have already a medical document you want to submit to TNR, please check to right what the minimum requirements are for it to be an acceptable medical document.
You would have to advise your health care provider of those requirements, in case he/she doesn’t know or is not familiar with it, in order to obtain a legally acceptable document.
The easiest option is to provide the official Health Canada document to your doctor, when visiting or you can of course also email it to him/her.
You can view or download the form here (PDF Format)
As a token of our appreciation that you take care of keeping your medical prescription up to date, we will supply you with a one time $40.00 Thank You Bonus Coupon, once you have your prescription emailed to us and it was approved.
Minimum Information Requirements for Medical Documents
- Name and Surname
- Date of Birth
- Daily quantity of dried marihuana to be used by the patient (or other product being prescribed)
- The period of use (max. 1 Year)
- Health care practitioner’s given name and surname
- Health care practitioner’s business address
- Phone Number
- Province(s) Authorized to Practice in
- Health Care Practitioner’s Licence number
- Health Care Practitioner’s Signature
- Date Signed
When you have a qualifying Medical Document…
To the right you find a list of documents which are acceptable for TNR at this point in time.
If you have a medical document which qualifies as laid out in the guideline to the right, please email it us as an attachment (JPG or PDF file) to
Approval takes normally 1 business day, after which you will be able to start purchasing from us.
Medical Documents acceptable for TNR
- Any prescription from a health practitioner which fulfills the criteria of information provided above.
- A copy of the “official Health Canada document” ACMPR / MMAR license
- A copy of the medical document as provided by MCRCI
- A copy of ‘medical card’ as provided by an LP
- Any document which fulfills the criteria of information provided above.
- Make sure that any provided document is not expired
Do you need help with getting a Doctor’s prescription?
We partnered up with MCRCI, a company who has their own doctors and is specialized in helping people like you to obtain such a prescription, FREE of charge.
Click on the link in one of the boxes below which is applicable to you.